- What is a safe cleaner to use when washing my rims?
- We generally recommend customers use Simple Green®, diluted 50/50, or
- something similar. As long as the cleaner doesn't contain harsh chemicals
- such as ammonia, solvents, or detergents.
- My bike isn't listed on any of your application charts. Do you make
- products for it?
- Currently our application charts only account for newer models, generally
- late nineties and up. However, even though your bike may not be listed
- doesn't mean we don't make something that will work with it. We recommend
- you contact your local dealer and have them look up the part numbers to see
- if they match newer models. You can also contact us. We would be glad to
- research it further to find something that works for you.
- I want to buy a rim from you but don't know how to put it on my bike.
- Can I do it myself?
- Lacing a wheel is a complicated process. Therefore, if you have never done it
- before, we do not recommend you do it yourself. We recommend you take it
- to your local dealer and have them lace it for you. Alternatively, you can send
- it to us and we will lace it for a small fee of $50 per wheel.
- I just got a wheel set from you, what should I do to maintain it?
- We recommend that you tighten your spokes after every ride for the first 3-4
- rides. The reason being that, because the wheels are newly assembled, the
- spokes have not seated completely into the hubs. As you ride the spokes will
- begin to seat in the hubs, and should be completely seated after 3-4 rides.
- Continue to check spokes periodically thereafter.